Propelling Space Outreach – April 9, 2021
#Impulse2021 is a new conference, dedicated to supporting space communicators to learn, grow and meet!
- Date: Friday 9 April 2021
- Time: 16:00 – 18:00 CEDT (15:00-17:00 BST/10am-12pm EDT)
- Place: Virtual!
We have an exciting and varied conference programme for you, touching on lots of different aspects of space outreach (times in BST/UK/UTC+1) – click to enlarge:
Speakers and panelists
Check out this separate page to get to know the speakers and panelists.
Why should you attend?
With this conference we want to bring together the space outreach and communication community to learn from and support each other in communicating space to a diverse set of audiences.
From masterclasses on effectively using social media, to learning more about how space communication works in different countries and hearing best practices on how to shape our messages, #Impulse2021 is there to help space communicators, like you, perform better!
Topics we will cover:
- Using space outreach tools: tips and tricks
- Sharing lessons learned and best space outreach practices
- Celebrate diversity in communication styles and audiences
- Create a knowledge network for anyone involved in space outreach
Who should attend?
This conference is open to ANYONE involved in or interested in space outreach. This specifically includes:
- Space outreach professionals
- Space marketeers
- Space journalists
- Space social media communicators
- Space bloggers/vloggers
- Space writers
- Space influencers
- Space event organisers
- Science communicators
- Space photographers, graphics designers
- Space artists
- Students in any of these fields
- Anyone who loves to talk about space
- Anyone interested in space marketing and outreach
Our definition of space is very wide, so we like to include fields like outreach, marketing, social media, art, space technology, space data, astronomy, astrophysics, astrobiology, astrochemistry, cosmology, government space, commercial space, space science centres and musea, space NGOs, university space projects, space startups, space law, space history, space events, space societies, private space exploration, model rocketry, and a few things more. The more unusual the outreach, the better!
This conference was organised by space outreach professionals for space outreach professionals. The volunteers on the team include Charlie Bilsland, Judith Beck, Torsten Kriening, Ryan Laird, Melanie Ward, Daniela Rodriguez, Sagarika Valluri and Remco Timmermans.
Impulse2021 has been kindly sponsored by: